Monday, April 7, 2008

Murano

This is a not so great picture of a glass blowing demonstration. The guys giving the demonstration weren't very good either. But it was still fascination to watch how it is done.

This is the name of the shop that showed us the demonstration. I think I forgot to mention that it was free. Maybe that's why it wasn't very good. But the shop had some really amazing things in it.

This is one of the streets that we were walking down. It had lots of shops for us to look into. Lexi taking a picture and Dave walking away.

Jessie made me take this picture. I put it on the blog for two reasons. One is because Sean will understand the pressure that Jessie put me under to take it. She can be very persuasive when she wants to. And two I wanted to put a warning out to everyone that in 10 or 15 years when Jessie starts her own blog this is the sort of thing that we will be seeing a lot of.

This is the lunch counter ( I'm not sure what else to call it because it sure wasn't a restaurant). But the pizza and fries were great. Anyway, I thought that the name warranted mentioning. Very funny.

Here is Gavin, Trent, Charlie and Haylee and one of the bridges in Murano.

Here is what kids look like when the grown-ups are looking at all the fascinating things in the store window.

Here we are on yet another bridge. Gavin, Charlie, Trent, Jessie, Haylee

This is a glass sculpture. It is amazing. Who ever made this put a lot of time, effort and creativity into it.

This is a lighthouse on one side of the island. It's the first one that I've seen there.

At the base of the lighthouse was a small deposit of sea shells. So I let the kids look through them to see if they could find some that weren't broken. Surprisingly they found several.

Then we had to wait for the waterbus to give us a ride back to Venice. Haylee, Logan, Lexi, Dave and Laycee.

Taylor was feeling a little under the weather so she just pulled up a bench and took a nap. I think that it helped.

This is the kids on the waterbus. They wanted to ride in the back so that they could "get some fresh air." That's what they said but I think they just wanted to be outside.

1 comment:

Lexi said...

This was fun, I am wishing I would have bought something now though lol. Maybe we will go back.... doubt it but it is fun to think about